Getting started online can be a bit overwhelming if you’ve never owned a website before. If you are a business owner in today’s online world, a website is very necessary. It’s a great way to provide information to new, existing, and potential customers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can show your clients and customers images, videos, and detailed information on the value and services that your business provides.
So what do you need?
- Domain Registration: In order to start your site, you’ll need to register your website address. Most web hosts take care of this for you, or you can register your domain on your own through websites like godaddy.com.
- Hosting: web hosting refers to a computer server that hosts or keeps your website files that has a reliable internet connection so your site is always online and view able for your customers. There are thousands of web hosts out there. We provide hosting right here at High Valley Media, but if you want to find it on your own, one of our favorite hosting companies is Blue Host.
- Website: Websites can be built with many different code languages and platforms. You can have a simple HTML/CSS website built, but these can be hard to maintain if you don’t know HTML or CSS. Today there are a lot of different platforms out there that act as a CMS (Content Management System) and making updates can be much easier. We find that many of our clients prefer to use a CMS and we can train you to make simple updates and post your own blog and new content. Of course we do website management as well.
- Content/Management: You’ll find that once your site is built, you’ll need to update and change it. To rank higher in google searches, new content is important, and blogs are taking the internet by storm to showcase new content – whether it be a new project your company just finished, or an information/resource editorial like this one that you are reading. Quality content is very important to your customers, and being able to present new content may be vital to your business.
- Social Media Integration: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, etc. is the new TV. I say that because we’re seeing our attention pushed to our mobile devices whenever we have a break from anything, even during commercials on TV. Having a social media presence is important for your business to stay relevant, reach new customers, and create word of mouth advertising for your business. Integrating your website so your customers can follow you on social media is very important. Be sure to make it easy for them to follow you and keep up with the latest projects or products.
It’s really not too hard to get websites set up and running and we can do it in just a few days, depending on the scale of the project. If you’re looking to get your website set up and running, let us know. We seriously can provide help at any budget, from pointing you in the right direction, to consulting during your website production process, to building and managing your website and social media campaigns. Let us know how we can help you get your first website up and running!